- Metropolis is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Produce 8-9 shows, present 40-45, over 400 total performances.
- Over 50,000 patrons annually,
- Visited by musical artists like The Bacon Brothers, Joan Baez, Robert Cray, Los Lobos, Bo Deans, Koko Taylor, and more.
- Present cabaret artists Karen Mason and Liz Callaway, Kristy Cates (Elphaba in Wicked) and Michael Ingersoll (Jersey Boys) and more.
- Created six world premiere plays.
- Host 19,000 school children per year in our Stories in Action series
SCHOOL OF THE PERFORMING ARTS
- 2,500 students per year
- Offer low cost options and need-based scholarships.
- Student have been from 8 months old to 91 years.
- Teaching faculty are internationally-renowned and perform around the world.
- Offer Artist Workshop Series. Students haved worked with cast of Jersey Boys and Wicked, George Winston and Shawn Mullins.
- Offer summer, winter and spring performance camps for K-12.
- Provides top-quality co-curricular and extra-curricular performing arts education experiences through in- and after-school programming and throughout the community.
- Have served 94 different communities and organizations from park districts, schools and public agencies.
- Have served over 15,000 individuals, including children, teens, seniors and those with special needs.
- Programs are offered at low- to no-cost and are either pre-existing or custom designed for clients.
- We have Programs for kids and adults alike, that focus on social, artistic and intellectual development, utilizing playwriting, acting, improvisation, voice, music, movement and a variety of other arts-related techniques.
- Metropolis patrons spend over $1.4 million annually at local restaurants and other businesses. This does not include ticket sales.
- Over 50,000 patrons come to see shows at Metropolis every year.
- 19,000 of those are children seeing a live theatre performance as part of a school group.
- Over 73% of households that visit Metropolis come from outside of Arlington Heights.
- We donate tickets to over 400 different non-profits per year which are used for auction items and raffle prizes.
- Host an annual food drive in November and December for the Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County.
Sun & Mon: Closed
open 1 hour before showtime
Drama & Dance Schools
Contact Group Discounts
Friends of Metropolis
111 W. Campbell St.
Arlington Heights, Il 60005
Map to Metropolis